Forums

Dialogue is Action

Last Post Update:  January 16

Post Credits:

• 3+ Weeks of Credit: xwing37, Nicole, Carla Tortelli, Persephone
  • 2 Weeks of Credit: ---
  • 1 Week of Credit:  abuzz,  aplitstudent123. MangoMan

Posts during the midterm week will count as extra credit on whichever semester they impact most.

Notifications
Clear all

The Groundhog  

Page 7 / 7

xwing37
(@xwing37)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@alechayosh07, I'm sorry for your loss. I agree with a lot that you said also, I think death is something that everyone puts away until they have to deal with it. I can tell you that I have not thought once about what's going to happen when I die. Everyone wants to live their life with no thoughts and plans about death even though it's inevitable. But I think this is a good thing, if humans spend their entire lives thinking about what's going to happen when they pass away, then they aren't going to remember to enjoy it. But I too am puzzled with the idea of it and how everyone interprets it differently.

ReplyQuote
aplitstudent123
(@aplitstudent123)
Bookworm
Topics

@alechayosh07 I am very sorry for your loss. I think with everything we have been experiencing, this is an important piece to relate back to. For the narrator, he was able to overcome his shock and his grief about death. But, he did continue to revisit the place the groundhog died. I think it is important to come to terms with death, but also to never forget how it. made you feel. Death can be a very motivating thing and understanding it and using it to push oneself is a very powerful thing. I think revisiting and remembering those who have passed is really important to continuing on this.

ReplyQuote
stella
(@stella)
Gnome AP Lit 2021
Topics

@conster, I was thinking about this in the literal sense. That he cannot "walk away" from death because it is inevitable that he will die. I hadn't ever thought that the speaker could have some personal fascination with death. I think if the speaker is so enthralled with death that it comes out of fear. It is kind of like when you see something bad happening, but you can't look away, rather than something you actually enjoy. 

ReplyQuote
stella
(@stella)
Gnome AP Lit 2021
Topics

@madams43, I can relate to this; I think it's pretty natural for people to be curious about death because no one really knows what it's like. I've definitely had moments where I've felt similar to the speaker; it's hard to realize that everything has to come to an end. As a person who grew up Catholic, I was never really bothered by thoughts of death because the idea of heaven gave me a definite answer to what happens after you die. I'm not super religious anymore, so I find myself thinking about death a lot more often. 

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 7
Share:

Forum Reminders:

• Only Substantive Posts earn credit.
  • Five posts/week earn 100% for that week.
  • Deadlines are Fridays at 11:59 pm.
  • Any single week can earn up to 150%:
    • Six posts = 120%
    • Seven posts = 140%
    • Eight posts = 150%
    • Nine posts = 150%, etc.
  • One successful podcast replaces 5 posts.

Substantive Posts:

• Are usually several thoughtful sentences in length:
    • Demonstrate that reading was done or a concept is understood
      • Might quote text
    • Express a thoughtful idea about that concept/reading
    • May be questions, but if so, also speculations
  • Are constructive and productive to the discussion
  • Are supportive of other members and their ideas
  • May/should challenge/provoke/take risks in thinking