Forums

Dialogue is Action

Announcements:

Welcome to The Forums!  Remember, you may post up to 150% of any required number of posts for credit. This summer, therefore, you can post up to 15 times for credit.  In general during the school year, five substantive posts are required by each Friday midnight. Have fun!

Forums are now closed.

Don't Put All Your ...

Notifications
Clear all

Don't Put All Your Eggs in One Basket...  

RSS

cosisconfused
(@cosisconfused)
Gnome AP Lit 2020
Topics
October 4, 2019 4:27 pm  

The small description under the Murakami forum appalled me. It reads, "If you remember me, then I don't care if everyone else forgets" which I have some questions about. Is this sentence referring to a lover? A beloved family member? A friendship that has metaphorically died, but had significant value to building a stronger, more independent personality? I interpreted this sentence as the speaker talking to a lover. In hopeless romance, the speaker confesses their undying love for the other party in hopes to receive the same affection back. There is conflict between the two which draws more questions to why the speaker wouldn't want anyone else remembering them. They are completely dependent on the choices of this one individual which doesn't seem like the safest option. Relating to real life circumstances, when applying to colleges my parents always told me to never put all my eggs in one basket. Meaning, don't only apply to one school because if you don't get in, there's just that much more stress and anxiety that follows. You were depending on that one college to meet all your expectations and flatter you. I want to tell the speaker of this sentence to take my mother's advice. Don't put all your eggs in one basket because it might hurt you in the future.

Share:

Forum Reminders:

• Only Substantive Posts earn credit.
  • Five posts/week earn 100% for that week.
  • Deadlines are Fridays at 11:59 pm.
  • Any single week can earn up to 150%:
    • Six posts = 120%
    • Seven posts = 140%
    • Eight posts = 150%
    • Nine posts = 150%, etc.
  • One successful podcast replaces 5 posts.

Substantive Posts:

• Are usually several thoughtful sentences in length:
    • Demonstrate that reading was done or a concept is understood
      • Might quote text
    • Express a thoughtful idea about that concept/reading
    • May be questions, but if so, also speculations
  • Are constructive and productive to the discussion
  • Are supportive of other members and their ideas
  • May/should challenge/provoke/take risks in thinking