Notifications
Clear all

The Noemata

Page 4 / 5

SnowyYeti
(@snowyyeti)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@xwing37 I think that this is an interesting point.  I think that the noemata could def have been an escape for inactive players too.  But then I think about it, and we knew nothing about the noemata so how would someone who was not active have known what it was for?  If this makes sense, I think that chiz actually has something big in store for the Noemata.  

ReplyQuote
username27
(@username27)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@snowyyeti - This is such an interesting idea to explore. I also felt like the noemata was something that many inactive players joined, however, I totally missed it on canvas and didn't even realize this was a true faction until reading this forum! As of today, looking at the leaderboard, it looks like to noemata aren't on there anymore. Do you guys think they also got the option last week to switch back to the guardians and the marginalia?

ReplyQuote
aplitstudent123
(@aplitstudent123)
Bookworm
Topics

@username27 From what I have heard, they were given the opportunity to come back in many cases. One person noted that they were able to join back in in order to keep their triad from falling apart. However, one of my triad members went to the Noemata and our triad fell apart. So, I am not sure if this rejoining offer was given to everyone at the same time neccesarily.

ReplyQuote
Persephone
(@persephone)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics
Topic starter  

I doubt if there is any advantages gained from joining the noemata that they will say it. Keep in mind the forums are open to everyone so if they share some key information intending it for the guardians, the marginalia will also be able to see it and vice versa. That being said, I would still like to hear something from a former member about more general information like their overall experience and if it was worth it.

ReplyQuote
MangoMan
(@mangoman)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@aaparrot I am not sure if they have received anything, at this point I'm not even sure this faction is real.  I'm more concerned thinking that this faction was put into play as something to have us worried about, another factor in the game.  A placebo if you will, not really there but having an impact on us none the less.

ReplyQuote
bunkymoo
(@bunkymoo)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Veteran

@mangoman I am also very confused about if they are real or not. I know that it got created, and that it is a thing, but I haven't seen any action or drama if you will from the faction. There is nothing that leads me to believe that they could be an actual threat to either one of the other factions.

ReplyQuote
octavia
(@octavia)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@aplitstudent123 Me as well. I feel like they as a faction have been very quiet - I definitely want to know more about them, their motives, and beliefs. It would be interesting to learn about their side of the story.

ReplyQuote
aplitstudent123
(@aplitstudent123)
Bookworm
Topics

@bunkymoo From what I can tell, all of its members have gone back into one of the original two factions. So, it seemed that this change had a minimal impact on the game. That makes me curious, however, because rarely do things ever happen without a meaning or impact...

ReplyQuote
savhoisington
(@savhoisington)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@aplitstudent123 I hadn't noticed this, but that is very interesting to me.

Posted by: @aplitstudent123

all of its members have gone back into one of the original two factions.

I know we had previously guessed that it wa a neutral party, so maybe that would entail some boringness lol. BUT, for almost if not ALL of the members to leave it, especially so soon, that feels odd. Maybe there was some sort of agenda there, and they were let in on something/ given a task and put back into the original factions? I have no idea but that is very interesting

ReplyQuote
xwing37
(@xwing37)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@snowyyeti, now that I think back on it, I agree. I feel like someone who was an inactive player wouldn't even bother to check for stuff like this. And if they were inactive why would they want to change factions and make an impact on the game. Maybe Chisnell said that it was an out for inactive player but maybe there was much more in store. With the Noemata it's pretty much a mystery. Nobody from the Noemata has said anything about what it entails which I'm a little curious about. Again we will just have to wait and see what will happen in the future.

ReplyQuote
SnowyYeti
(@snowyyeti)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@aplitstudent123 ah! I totally forgot about the triads being based on our teams.  I wonder if there was a specific reason the person left to join the noemata or if they just forgot that it would mess up the triad?  If there was a reason they joined it I am curious of that reason.  

ReplyQuote
ahayo
(@alechayosh07)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Veteran

@xwing37 I think that it was truly an "out" for those who wished not to participate, as I think I heard Chisnell speak of this before. I have spoke with people who are in the Noemata, and they have told me they wished to move back into the game after switching but offered no explanation... Which leave it kind of ominous to what really happened when you switch. Also if it was a ticket out of the game why were they still on the game board and still able to be attacked and defend against attacks?  

ReplyQuote
aplitstudent123
(@aplitstudent123)
Bookworm
Topics

@snowyyeti From what I have heard, most people joined as an "out" of the game because they weren't as interested in the game. However, I am not sure that the knew the consequences of being removed from their triad. But, like I mentioned, they have all joined back into the other two groups. So, I am curious if their triads changed or if they were able to rejoin into their original groups.

ReplyQuote
MangoMan
(@mangoman)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@aplitstudent123 Haha yeah I'm with you.  to everyone on this forum post please know that we have been here long enough we may as well ride this thing out.  I am excited to see what will change and if there is something neither team noticed about the new one.

ReplyQuote
username27
(@username27)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@aplitstudent123 - I was lucky enough to have triad that stayed together through all of the faction changes. I too have been very curious about the state of the triads. I think most got back together because of the romantic poetry project we had to do. I am not sure if people got to chose their own triads again if people just got placed in them because of their new factions.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 5
Share:

Forum Reminders:

• Only Substantive Posts earn credit.
  • Five posts/week earn 100% for that week.
  • Deadlines are Fridays at 11:59 pm.
  • Any single week can earn up to 150%:
    • Six posts = 120%
    • Seven posts = 140%
    • Eight posts = 150%
    • Nine posts = 150%, etc.
  • One successful podcast replaces 5 posts.

Substantive Posts:

• Are usually several thoughtful sentences in length:
    • Demonstrate that reading was done or a concept is understood
      • Might quote text
    • Express a thoughtful idea about that concept/reading
    • May be questions, but if so, also speculations
  • Are constructive and productive to the discussion
  • Are supportive of other members and their ideas
  • May/should challenge/provoke/take risks in thinking