Notifications
Clear all

The End of Posts

ahayo
(@alechayosh07)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Veteran
Topic starter  

162 posts, and after this 163 which will be my final number of posts for this year with this being my last. I guess I just really wanted to take my last post to reflect and thank everyone for all their thoughts and ideas presented throughout this website. I've said it before and I believe that the ideas I've learned in this section of the class will never leave me as they have offered so much more deeper thinking on subjects I usually ignored. The coolest thing though was hearing ideas across both classes here as I know each class has different discussions at times. And lastly I would just like to thank you Chisnell for filling my brain with things I will probably never forget and continue to tell to new people as you've changed english class for me forever.

username27
(@username27)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@alechayosh07 - This is my 163 post as well! I think these forums were so helpful throughout the year in hearing more of peoples ideas especially because we were not in-person to hear them. I really appreciate everyone sharing their ideas and offering different interpretations that made this class so much more valuable. It was nice to be able to come here and talk about things that my hour my not have been able to get to discussing in live time.

ReplyQuote
TheBoulder
(@theboulder)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

This is not my 163rd post! But it still is my last! Especially considering Covid and that we couldn't have in class discussions, these forums have been tremendously helpful in feeling connected to the class. I think it has been great to hear from everyone, and also get to share ideas too! Overall, a thumbs up from me.

ReplyQuote
savhoisington
(@savhoisington)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

I will finish with 173 after this, it is definitely a bittersweet thing hahaha. I’m happy to leave the work behind and I’m very excited to be done soon, as I’m sure we all are, but this class has given me a lot over the year. I’m obviously grateful for the skills I’ve learned but I’m definitely most thankful for what I learned about culture and how much my ideas have really been expanded. Thank you chisnell!!!

ReplyQuote
Carla Tortelli
(@carlatortelli)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

After this post I'll finish with 175 posts. These forums were interesting, but I'm glad we don't have to do them and get a little break. To be honest did I always leave the 5 to Friday evenings, they weren't bad at all. This class was very cool to be apart of, I've definitely gained a lot of knowledge throughout this course. The theories were always cool to look into and discuss. The course material could always be tied into multiple aspects, not just literature, comp and strategies. I really did appreciate the material we got to look into and I'm definitely leaving with a bunch of new facts and knowledge on multiple topics.

ReplyQuote
Nikki
(@nikki)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021

This will be my 115th post. As I reflect on the year in terms of forum posts, I realize that I could've done much better, but I learned. I used to be really nervous to post in the discussion boards and I rarely posted the full 5. But around the beginning of the second semester I started posting 8 posts per week and it helped me to catch up and get the discussions I needed to get in. 

ReplyQuote
Jackson Von Habsburg
(@jacksonvon)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

I think the forums were fun and I'm glad I did them. it feels like a lot is ending so fast and honestly, I'm a bit afraid for all of this to end. a school that is but i feel like this is something that has to happen sooner or later so maybe in the end it will be ok. i know that the coming weeks will be full of joy and anxiety and i wish all of you the best of luck 

ReplyQuote
Madams43
(@madams43)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

Honestly, at the beginning of the year I dreaded doing forum posts because I'm really bad at expressing my thought process on certain topics. But I feel like I've learned a lot from these posts this past year. I've really expanded my horizons academically through reading and conversing on here and I really enjoy posting forums now. 

ReplyQuote
Madams43
(@madams43)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

I do want to thank everyone that replied to my posts to allow me to expand on ideas and learn more through discussion! I'm kinda sad this is the last week of posts! 🙁

ReplyQuote
wildsalmon
(@salmon)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

The forums were so useful, especially since we all had a pretty distinct lack of in-class interaction. Being able to hear other people's interpretations was really refreshing after a whole summer without that. I fell into a bad habit of not posting regularly and then doing all 5 on Friday night, (which, incidentally, is what I am doing now) but even with that I found the forums to be one of the better parts of the class. It's definitely helped me express my ideas more clearly too, the semi-informal nature of the boards is just genius. AP Lit has to be the greatest English course I've taken so far, by a long, long shot.

ReplyQuote
bunkymoo
(@bunkymoo)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Veteran

@madams43 yeah I agree. These forums helped me a lot with understanding the class, as well as expanding my ideas and thoughts about certain topics that I was confused about. It’s crazy to see how many posts I have done though over the course of the year though haha!

ReplyQuote
chizisqueen
(@aaparrot)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@salmon The forums were certainly more of a highlight this year than they probably would have in years past! Obviously class time was shortened by a substantial margin and with all the isolation, it was hard to have a decent class discussion. The forums were able to substitute and proved a really awesome way to carry over unfinished conversations from class. It was also another way to see the clashing of different ideas and perspectives which again we sometimes never see during class time. The semi-informal nature is a big one for me since it allows me to express my own thoughts without refining them to be read by a college board grader.  

ReplyQuote
Share:

Forum Reminders:

• Only Substantive Posts earn credit.
  • Five posts/week earn 100% for that week.
  • Deadlines are Fridays at 11:59 pm.
  • Any single week can earn up to 150%:
    • Six posts = 120%
    • Seven posts = 140%
    • Eight posts = 150%
    • Nine posts = 150%, etc.
  • One successful podcast replaces 5 posts.

Substantive Posts:

• Are usually several thoughtful sentences in length:
    • Demonstrate that reading was done or a concept is understood
      • Might quote text
    • Express a thoughtful idea about that concept/reading
    • May be questions, but if so, also speculations
  • Are constructive and productive to the discussion
  • Are supportive of other members and their ideas
  • May/should challenge/provoke/take risks in thinking