Notifications
Clear all

Semester 2 Gameplay

Page 8 / 8

MangoMan
(@mangoman)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@octavia I like the way you worded this.  We focus too much on the what ifs and the what when's, but really the more we think about it the more disappointed we really will be.  Now this isn't a new idea on this discussion, I myself have said something similar to this, but I think it's important to remember that we have no control on an outcome that is preset for us.  We have to keep focusing on an outcome we can control.

ReplyQuote
ahayo
(@alechayosh07)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Veteran

So I don't really know how long this has been around but I was doing a little adventurous exploring of Chisnell's canvas home page and I found something that was interesting to me. We know of the guardians, marginalia, and the nometa. What I found though was some different clans that you were able to I guess be apart of if we were given the choice. There was like five if I remember correctly, I found this in the part where we see what level corresponds with your name tag. Has anyone else seen this?

ReplyQuote
MSAR
 MSAR
(@msar)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Veteran

@savhoisington Yeah that's 'tots' correct. If we don't attempt to associate with the characters then the characters always stay alienated. And if the characters stay alienated I believe it's almost certain that the point the author is trying to project will not be met by the reader therefore not contributing to very little.

ReplyQuote
bunkymoo
(@bunkymoo)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Veteran

@alechayosh07 I haven't seen this but I will go check it out. I don't remember getting any option to choosing any other faction though. Maybe it was something I missed, but I think more factions would only get more confusing. It's cool to see that there are other factions with maybe a different purpose though.

ReplyQuote
bunkymoo
(@bunkymoo)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Veteran

@mangoman i feel like everyone always focuses on the what ifs in life in general. The outcome will happen no matter what sometimes, and you will drive yourself crazy trying to change the outcome, when sometime you cant. I have been really trying to shift my thinking about this topic, because it is a crucial part in moving on from something.

ReplyQuote
a2m0e0m2
(@a2m0n2)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics
Topic starter  

@bunkymoo I didn't see any other groups either but maybe I missed the chance. That would be really interesting though because I do feel as of right now with the three groups we have quite a bit of diversity on the opinions of the groups, but it would be super interesting to bring two more groups in. I would love a chance for the groups to get smaller so it's groups of maybe 10 people each as I feel like that would bring a lot more competition to the game and make the groups a lot closer and more eager to attack each other. 

ReplyQuote
xwing37
(@xwing37)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@a2m0n2, I agree with the aspect of the groups being a lot closer. Because right now the groups are so large and it's hard to connect with everyone in the group. I'm not sure how this would work now because our time left in the game is winding down. It would definitely be a surprise if he were to switch up the teams again and make more, but I think it would be a lot more fun. If there's one thing that I would change about the game it would be everyone being a lot more connected and working together throughout the game.

ReplyQuote
Persephone
(@persephone)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

Posted by: @bunkymoo

I don't remember getting any option to choosing any other faction though.

I think that's because the EoT seems to be a choose your own adventure type of story line. As in, the EoT can take multiple different twists and turns depending how we play the game and the choices we collectively make. I do recall somewhere earlier chisnell mentioning he had to dig up older videos because none of his classes had taken this route recently, so that's cool i guess! Although I can't help but think we missed out a little bit since we didn't play the game as much. 

ReplyQuote
username27
(@username27)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@persephone - I think this is a really cool aspect of EoT and I hadn't really realized this until now. I feel like many of us didn't notice this because of how little we actually played the game. I am curious to know how many of you unlocked things because I'm not exactly sure if I did. I am also interested in finding out how people found key words in the game as well.

ReplyQuote
wildsalmon
(@salmon)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

I ended up on the back end of pretty much every deadline, so sad to say I missed out on a ton of stuff. Had we been in a more social setting, I think it would've been really interesting to have this meta-game going. Without it, I feel it sort of falls flat. (Not that I can so that with any authority, not having experienced it the other way around.) Like, last year I had Mr. Conrad and I overheard him talking to the seniors about who he voiced in EoT, and he was refusing to say anything about it to add some intrigue. That really got me interested all the way back then, and I'd overhear the seniors talk about whatever was happening from time to time, so it's really a different experience from what I was expecting. Partly my fault, of course, but still.

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by wildsalmon

ReplyQuote
bunkymoo
(@bunkymoo)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Veteran

@username27 I didn’t find any keywords at all this year, and If i played the game maybe I could’ve figured them out, but I had no clue whatsoever on how to find them. They always seemed so open ended on the word possibilities so I just didn’t try.

ReplyQuote
chizisqueen
(@aaparrot)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@salmon Yeah I had the same issue. I definitely didn't get a single keyword or had some secret assignment unlocked for me. That was again on my end not taking advantage of it. I agree with you though it would have been way more engaging if we were actually in a classroom setting. I do remember some of the upperclassmen too talking about the game and how they enjoyed it a lot. We'll see what happens now since apparently, there is a closing to this game...

ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 8
Share:

Forum Reminders:

• Only Substantive Posts earn credit.
  • Five posts/week earn 100% for that week.
  • Deadlines are Fridays at 11:59 pm.
  • Any single week can earn up to 150%:
    • Six posts = 120%
    • Seven posts = 140%
    • Eight posts = 150%
    • Nine posts = 150%, etc.
  • One successful podcast replaces 5 posts.

Substantive Posts:

• Are usually several thoughtful sentences in length:
    • Demonstrate that reading was done or a concept is understood
      • Might quote text
    • Express a thoughtful idea about that concept/reading
    • May be questions, but if so, also speculations
  • Are constructive and productive to the discussion
  • Are supportive of other members and their ideas
  • May/should challenge/provoke/take risks in thinking