Forums

Dialogue is Action

Last Post Update:  Feb 16

Post Credits:

• 3+ Weeks of Credit: xwing37, Nicole
  • 2 Weeks of Credit:  aplitstudent123, Persephone
  • 1 Week of Credit:  Carla Tortelli, Delphine, abuzz, The Boulder, Nikki, octavia, Snowy Yeti, Gil, Jackson Von, MangoMan, savhoisington

Notifications
Clear all

Semester 2 Gameplay

Page 1 / 3

a2m0e0m2
(@a2m0n2)
Gnome AP Lit 2021
Topics
Topic starter  

I definitely feel with the semester coming to a close, there is going to be a giant shift or surprise in the game that we won't see coming. It would only make sense right now for something big to happen, as I would assume we're not going to be waiting until the end of this class for big things to hit us game play wise. What do you guys think it'll be about if this theory were to be true? Do you think there might be a war between the 2 groups? Or do you think that this new faction aside from the Guardians and the Marginalia might become a new enemy of both the groups, battling people within those factions?

Jackson Von Habsburg
(@jacksonvon)
Gnome AP Lit 2021
Topics

yeah, I agree I think the game is about to become more serious because now that we know how the ropes the game will become a bit harder. also, I feel like we will start getting into more advanced theories and that the class will really be shifting into high gear with the units. Honestly, I am feeling a lot more confident about the work that we are gonna do. I'm excited to learn the new lit theories. I am also excited to read more novels

ReplyQuote
octavia
(@octavia)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

A new faction would be so interesting. I think we were asked to choose between the two factions we have right now very suddenly and out of the blue, so introducing a new faction right now would let people make more of an educated choice now that we know how the factions work. 

ReplyQuote
Persephone
(@persephone)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

With the introduction of the Noemata faction (Noemata roughly translates to "what is thought about" in case you were curious), I definitely think there is going to be a big shift. I highly doubt the Noemata faction will remain neutral for long, and I feel as though the Marginalia may target them. That being said, I also think that perhaps the Guardians will be targeted more heavily as well, because this semester was somewhat of a tutorial. Only time can tell...

ReplyQuote
ahayo
(@alechayosh07)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021

I find the end of this semester to be similar to a cliffhanger in a TV show. Right? We are coming to a close with only the information put in front of us and the idea of "new exciting gameplay". @octavia A new faction would be quite interesting, as maybe the clans get divided even more leaving more vunurbality to one over the other. One thing I was thinking about as the year comes to an end is what if there is mass death? one survivor, or a clan that rises to the top. This has definitely been on my mind and I'm hoping to participate in the game more as now I understand how it works. 

ReplyQuote
Delphine
(@delphine)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@alechayosh07 Ooooh, mass death is very intriguing yet scary. How will we know who is doomed to die? I like the cliffhanger analogy as well. I am very eager and nervous to see where the game takes us next semester, now that we've gotten acquainted in our factions and somewhat know where we stand. I am fearful of traitors and a great deal of new gameplay actions that await us.

ReplyQuote
SnowyYeti
(@snowyyeti)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@delphine I also like the idea of a mass death or some sort of big finale for the end of the first semester.  Maybe the highest achievers on each of the factions face off?  That would be  better than a mass death I think because, well, where is the fun if everyone dies?  Another faction would also be super cool where former defenders and former members of the marginalia could come together to fight their old teams

ReplyQuote
savhoisington
(@savhoisington)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@snowyyeti I agree this is all very interesting. As of now I feel like you can float by in the game wiuthout getting violent or anything as long as you do your assignments, but I feel like it will get more difficult. I know someone mentioned war? that is a good thought, maybe there will be something like that to close the first semester. But, also, that makes me wonder about the AP exam in may. this gamer and the class do follow a similar path so during the ap exam prep I wonder if we will get something more interesting too?

ReplyQuote
xwing37
(@xwing37)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@snowyyeti, I had the same thought about the top people from each faction facing off. I thought this would be a really interesting end to the game. I feel like it would be pretty fair and a fun way to get everyone involved in the game for the end. But I think this would be something that happens at the end of the school year. I'm excited to find out though!

ReplyQuote
username27
(@username27)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

I definitely agree with most people of this forum in that this class and the game on Canvas are going to get much more intense. I thought 1st semester was really thought provoking, but there wasn't really much application theory wise. I think semester two will become intense in the way that we will be looking at all these theories from a big picture standpoint and seeing how they work together to form the literary world as we know it. 

ReplyQuote
Persephone
(@persephone)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

I agree with everyone here but I'd like to raise the question of will there be incentive to attack? Like @savhoisington said we can pretty much float through the game if we do our assignments, so I wonder if there will be some kind of extra credit or maybe some type of item if we successfully attack someone of the opposite faction. I'm also curious if the Noemata faction can be attacked? There really isn't a reason for that but I'm curious if the marginalia will attempt to attack them as well... 

ReplyQuote
aplitstudent123
(@aplitstudent123)
Bookworm
Topics

@persephone I was curious about this too. From the way Mr. Chisnell made it sound, they are removed from gameplay but can possibly get back in. So, does this mean they cannot be attacked? I also like how you mentioned motivation to attack. I think right now most people don't attack out of fear for losing and therefore being hurt or dying. But, maybe if the game forced you in a way so that if you didn't attack you'd be injured anyways? I'm not sure, but I am excited to see what happens next in this semester.

ReplyQuote
bunkymoo
(@bunkymoo)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021

@persephone I hope that incentive is introduced to the game, because without one there isn’t a drive for me to do some of the game activities. I feel like this would be a good way to get more people involved in the game that aren’t participating that often, including myself. I don’t know if it will be extra credit, but maybe free forum passes for a successful attack, or something like that!

ReplyQuote
Anonymous Parrot
(@aaparrot)
Gnome AP Lit 2021
Topics

@bunkymoo I have to say that I feel the same way about the game itself during the first semester. There was little incentive to play plus very ambiguous terms as to where to attack and defend (no one ever found or has seen a canon list with the authors levels). However, due to everyone being revealed, we may see some more gameplay, although I highly doubt that it'll be a massive increase @persephone 

ReplyQuote
xwing37
(@xwing37)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@persephone, I think Chisnell will provide some sort of incentive since we technically don't have to attack. This will probably come in the form of extra credit. Because personally I don't attack or defend because I don't want to die in the game. But at some point we are going to start getting pushed to be more aggressive.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share:

Forum Reminders:

• Only Substantive Posts earn credit.
  • Five posts/week earn 100% for that week.
  • Deadlines are Fridays at 11:59 pm.
  • Any single week can earn up to 150%:
    • Six posts = 120%
    • Seven posts = 140%
    • Eight posts = 150%
    • Nine posts = 150%, etc.
  • One successful podcast replaces 5 posts.

Substantive Posts:

• Are usually several thoughtful sentences in length:
    • Demonstrate that reading was done or a concept is understood
      • Might quote text
    • Express a thoughtful idea about that concept/reading
    • May be questions, but if so, also speculations
  • Are constructive and productive to the discussion
  • Are supportive of other members and their ideas
  • May/should challenge/provoke/take risks in thinking