Forums

Dialogue is Action

Last Post Update:  January 16

Post Credits:

• 3+ Weeks of Credit: xwing37, Nicole, Carla Tortelli, Persephone
  • 2 Weeks of Credit: ---
  • 1 Week of Credit:  abuzz,  aplitstudent123. MangoMan

Posts during the midterm week will count as extra credit on whichever semester they impact most.

Notifications
Clear all

Professors? Really?  

Page 3 / 3

abuzz
(@abuzz)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@salmon Ah yes, I appreciate the forums as well. Beyond asking a question to what feels like a bot, the forums are a place for us to take our class discussion beyond the classroom and truly dive deep into a specific topic, idea, or question. I love your explanation of "rediscovering" and "reinforcing." It shows that we all take the time to research after class, come up with our own opinions, and then express them with great detail to spark conversation. I also appreciate that it is our AP Literature chapter as a whole with both classes so we can interact with those who are in the other hour. Overall we are given a great amount of outlets to gain knowledge in the class and it is beneficial to experiment with all, then find out which ones we prefer.

ReplyQuote
Nicole
(@nicole)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@aaparrot I agree. I feel like I get more out of reading about the professors and discussing them both in class and in the forums. I like seeing/hearing what other people think and comparing it to what I got out of the reading. I think it helps to hear what other people are thinking because it helps you see or realize things you wouldn't on your own. And if you are asking a question, then you are kind of forced to remain in your own headspace without being able to see how others view things. But I can also see the value in that because then it forces you to really think about your views of the piece and try to expand your thinking as you generate a question to further your understanding.

ReplyQuote
a2m0e0m2
(@a2m0n2)
Gnome AP Lit 2021
Topics

After learning from the professors throughout these last few chapters, I have grown to enjoy their participation within this game. I feel as if not only did they bring information to the table that I find quite useful, but it adds a little bit of fun to the work we do. I enjoy the videos with the professors, and not only am I just enjoying it but I also am learning a lot of it that I use towards the assignments in our classes. 

ReplyQuote
stella
(@stella)
Gnome AP Lit 2021
Topics

@a2m0n2, I agree! I always really enjoy the opportunity to be able to ask questions to the professors. It really helps me to gain a better understanding of the theory that we are discussing. Not only is it beneficial to be able to ask them a question to me, but I also think it's beneficial to see the things that my classmates have asked. It helps me look at the topic differently, and others might have picked up on details within the videos or test that I didn't. 

ReplyQuote
a2m0e0m2
(@a2m0n2)
Gnome AP Lit 2021
Topics

@Stella I agree, I like that there's an opportunity that we are able to see how our classmates are thinking about things as well. It makes me feel a little more connected to the class and to the topics that we are learning. When I'm struggling with topics or even enjoying them, it's nice to see that others may be feeling the same way that I do, and I feel like when we talk to the professors it really gives us that opportunity.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share:

Forum Reminders:

• Only Substantive Posts earn credit.
  • Five posts/week earn 100% for that week.
  • Deadlines are Fridays at 11:59 pm.
  • Any single week can earn up to 150%:
    • Six posts = 120%
    • Seven posts = 140%
    • Eight posts = 150%
    • Nine posts = 150%, etc.
  • One successful podcast replaces 5 posts.

Substantive Posts:

• Are usually several thoughtful sentences in length:
    • Demonstrate that reading was done or a concept is understood
      • Might quote text
    • Express a thoughtful idea about that concept/reading
    • May be questions, but if so, also speculations
  • Are constructive and productive to the discussion
  • Are supportive of other members and their ideas
  • May/should challenge/provoke/take risks in thinking