Notifications
Clear all

Leaving the Marginalia

Page 5 / 5

a2m0e0m2
(@a2m0n2)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@alechayosh07 I'm in the exact same position and I was wondering the same thing. I'm back-and-forth between betrayer meaning that I betrayed the guardians and that's the guardians labeling me as a betrayer because I moved to the marginalia, or if somehow I left the marginalia and the marginalia are labeling me as a betrayer. I would assume that maybe it's the first option for both of us because we stayed loyal to the group that we were with so I don't know why it would be any different, but I'm not exactly sure. 

ReplyQuote
xwing37
(@xwing37)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@mangoman, I agree, I feel like I would be disappointed if the game just ended abruptly and that was it. Like you said, I would feel like a pawn, I would feel like I was just going through the motions and doing what I had to do. So I'm hoping for Chisnell to reveal a more complex meaning to this game that we haven't seen yet. And we can see how the moves we made and the things we did affected the game in the long run.

ReplyQuote
Persephone
(@persephone)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

Posted by: @xwing37

I personally believe that Chisnell is going to provoke a war between the two factions.

I agree, as chapter 15 is the last chapter for EoT, we still have 2-3 weeks of school left, so it begs the question; what now? I think if not a war, we will have these last few weeks to engage in game play rather than having to worry about the requirement portion of the class. That in and of it self is good incentive to play, because I find myself too worried about the requirements to actually play the game, despite the fact I think it would be really fun!

ReplyQuote
username27
(@username27)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics
Topic starter  

@persephone -  I find myself in the same position. I am always too worried about points and meeting the denominator to actually attempt to play the game. I feel like there must be something involved with this final project that was introduced in class this week and I am so interested to see how it all turns out. We are almost at the finish line!

ReplyQuote
bunkymoo
(@bunkymoo)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Veteran

@username27 This is exactly how I did the class. I always felt that if i focused on the game, I wouldn’t have time to do all of the assignments I already had in my plate. I did the game in the very beginning, but I soon stopped playing because to me it was pointless and a waste of time because I had so much other work to do. Maybe incorporate if the game better into the assignments would make it more engaging.

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5
Share:

Forum Reminders:

• Only Substantive Posts earn credit.
  • Five posts/week earn 100% for that week.
  • Deadlines are Fridays at 11:59 pm.
  • Any single week can earn up to 150%:
    • Six posts = 120%
    • Seven posts = 140%
    • Eight posts = 150%
    • Nine posts = 150%, etc.
  • One successful podcast replaces 5 posts.

Substantive Posts:

• Are usually several thoughtful sentences in length:
    • Demonstrate that reading was done or a concept is understood
      • Might quote text
    • Express a thoughtful idea about that concept/reading
    • May be questions, but if so, also speculations
  • Are constructive and productive to the discussion
  • Are supportive of other members and their ideas
  • May/should challenge/provoke/take risks in thinking