Forums

Dialogue is Action

Last Post Update:  Apr 17

*Note: There are only 3 weeks of posts for the 4th MP!

Post Credits:

• 3+ Weeks of Credit: abuzz, xwing37, aplitstudent123, Delphine, MangoMan
  • 2 Weeks of Credit:  Persephone, Nikki, 
  • 1 Week of Credit:  Nicole, savhoisington, SnowyYeti
Notifications
Clear all

Defence of Authors

Page 5 / 6

a2m0e0m2
(@a2m0n2)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

If you may be killed from your faction, does that mean that there is yet another group you can join or will you be added to the noemata? I very much believe that there is somehow going to be a bunch of other groups added to this game until there is literally only five people per group. 

ReplyQuote
aplitstudent123
(@aplitstudent123)
Bookworm
Topics

@a2m0n2 Bringing up killing someone from your own faction is very interesting. Now that identities have been revealed, would there be a consequence for knowingly attacking/killing a person of your own faction? For example, if you were a Guardian would you be seen as a traitor and moved to the Marginalia? Or would you simply be harming your own faction and there'd be no consequence following that? 

ReplyQuote
xwing37
(@xwing37)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@a2m0n2, I'm sorry that I just saw this but even now we don't really know what's going on with the people out of the game. I personally believe that if they are completely out of the game they probably regret it. But I don't think that's how this game works, I would find it hard to believe that they are out of the game. So I guess we will continue to wait for something to be said and then we will just go from there.

ReplyQuote
xwing37
(@xwing37)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@aplitstudent123, I think it would be pretty interesting if you switched sides. I'm not really sure how you would go by harming your own faction but it would be a twist. I honestly feel like it would make the most sense if you switched sides and you were seen as a traitor. I feel like this is something that could potentially come into play further into the game. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

ReplyQuote
Persephone
(@persephone)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

In all honesty, I think I have changed my opinion as far as attacking goes. Before I was hesitant but now with seeing Chiz respond to a few of these threads I am inclined to consider attacking a viable option, because we are doing a lot of speculation here but on what grounds? Like previously we had someone consider stealing items off of a person we attack and Chisnell had confirmed it, but who's to say these other ideas aren't also a part of the game? None of us know because nobody has attacked at all... In all honesty, I believe perhaps it is time we act rather than speculate while authors are killed off.

ReplyQuote
octavia
(@octavia)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@aplitstudent123 Traitors would definitely add a lot of interesting ideas to the storyline. I feel like we have been playing it very safe recently and people switching sides would add some new perspectives and information.

ReplyQuote
MangoMan
(@mangoman)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@octavia Traitors... How do you know there aren't any?  weren't some people given the option to switch sides? would you not consider that a traitorous act?  I would.  I think we focus too much on what could be happening when it's happening right now in front of us.

ReplyQuote
ahayo
(@alechayosh07)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Veteran

@mangoman I definitely feel like there were traitors during the gameplay already. It is very possible I could be not remembering the timeline correctly, but I feel as though we already had people who switched. And when you look at semester two we find as new faction and people who are able to re-assign themselves to a faction. In your question does this make them a traitor? Because I would feel as though since they switched to a different faction I would find them as a traitor. 

ReplyQuote
username27
(@username27)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@alechayosh07 - I see your reasoning of why you believe someone who switched factions to be a traitor. They are by definition in your eyes. As of right now the class has made it out to be that the guardians are the "good" guys and the marginalia are the "bad". How do we know this for sure? I guess this plays more into the question of how we truly define something as good or bad?

ReplyQuote
chizisqueen
(@aaparrot)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@username27 Sounds like deconstruction if you ask me. Maybe thats the big realisation we get when the semester wraps up. After all, the Marginalia certainly represent Deconstruction while the Guardians represent western traditional literary theories. Maybe some larger aspect will be revealed and maybe we won't think the Marginalia aren't so bad after all...

ReplyQuote
bunkymoo
(@bunkymoo)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Veteran

@octavia Traitors would be so cool!! I never thought of people switching sides before, but it would add such a cool aspect to the game. But that could traitors purpose in the be? What would the benefit in being a traitor be, unless you just want to switch sides?

ReplyQuote
xwing37
(@xwing37)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@bunkymoo, I feel like the reason someone would switch is because they were tired of being part of their side or they just got bored and decided to do it. I feel like there wouldn't be any bonuses to being a traitor so I a confused why someone would ever do it. I guess we’ll just have to see if this ever becomes a thing.

ReplyQuote
aplitstudent123
(@aplitstudent123)
Bookworm
Topics

@bunkymoo I personally am not sure why a person would choose to be a traitor. As of now, it is not like one faction is visibly doing much better than another, so I am unsure of what would drive a person to switch. However, I am sure that if traitors are revealed, or are able to be attacked, their previous faction would probably not take that lightly because they had lost one of their own.

ReplyQuote
xwing37
(@xwing37)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@aplitstudent123, I think it would be interesting if someone does decide to be a traitor they could get a reward, but as long as they don't get caught. But if they get caught somehow then there would be a punishment. This was just a small thought and I haven't really thought about how it would actually workout and how someone would actually go by getting caught. I just think this would be an interesting thing to add into the game, it's kind of a big risk big reward idea.

ReplyQuote
bunkymoo
(@bunkymoo)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Veteran

@aplitstudent123 I don't know why either, but like it was said, maybe they just got tired of their side and wanted to switch. What would happen though if the numbers on each side drastically towered over the other? Would this be unfair? This would make one team a lot stronger than the other, and if any battles happened between the two sides, one would be outnumbered. I am curious on how numbers of sides will affect the gameplay.

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 6
Share:

Forum Reminders:

• Only Substantive Posts earn credit.
  • Five posts/week earn 100% for that week.
  • Deadlines are Fridays at 11:59 pm.
  • Any single week can earn up to 150%:
    • Six posts = 120%
    • Seven posts = 140%
    • Eight posts = 150%
    • Nine posts = 150%, etc.
  • One successful podcast replaces 5 posts.

Substantive Posts:

• Are usually several thoughtful sentences in length:
    • Demonstrate that reading was done or a concept is understood
      • Might quote text
    • Express a thoughtful idea about that concept/reading
    • May be questions, but if so, also speculations
  • Are constructive and productive to the discussion
  • Are supportive of other members and their ideas
  • May/should challenge/provoke/take risks in thinking