Notifications
Clear all

The May Exam

Page 6 / 6

xmysterio
(@xmysterio)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

Another thing I struggled with was the vocab. I am usually a vocab geez and I love the vocab or latin root quizzes we take on Canvas, but this exam really tested those skills. The options that were given were very unrecognizable words for me so I had to use context clues to guess a lot. 

ReplyQuote
xmysterio
(@xmysterio)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

Context clues were a big thing on the exam. I had to use a lot of the surrounding sentences and words to clue me in on some multiple choice answers. Questions asking about the tone or vocab were most efficient when using context clues for me. 

ReplyQuote
ahayo
(@alechayosh07)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Veteran

@xmysterio I can agree, context clues have always been a big thing for me. Though I didn't take this exam I can 100% say that on the AP Lang exam and other high level tests I've taken these past 2 years context clues have been a big part of them. I have never been the best test taker and always like to overthink my answer and that usually results with me being indecisive and thinking all answers are correct. But context clues have helped me a lot and I think I will continue to use them as they are a tool that I like to think I have mastered. 

ReplyQuote
MangoMan
(@mangoman)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

When taking the exam I think a big thing was focusing less on the text provided as a whole story but more as separate little texts that related to 3 or 4 questions.  I for one broke it up and I think that could benefit everyone for other exams.

ReplyQuote
username27
(@username27)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@alechayosh07 - The same thing often happens to me. I usually have a pretty hard time on these higher level multiple choice tests especially ones about excerpts and texts because I tend to over analyze all of the answers which leads me often to the wrong answers. I think that when you slow down and just look at the context clues instead of thinking about it too much really helps. My best advice is to just go with a gut answer.

ReplyQuote
Jackson Von Habsburg
(@jacksonvon)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

I think I did great on the exam I feel very good about it and I feel like that, in the end, it was a good experience so I'm excited to hear about how your guys exam went i think it was good the multiple-choice and the essay were good so let me know your thoughts

ReplyQuote
Madams43
(@madams43)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

I think the exam went well. In all honesty I don't think I did as well as I could've but I knew I would do worse if I allowed myself to stress out about it, so I kind of just coasted and did what I could. The writing portion I think went really well for me. I was really worried about Q3 especially but I honestly think it went really well so I'm happy about that.

ReplyQuote
Madams43
(@madams43)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

I also think that I managed my time on the multiple choice really well this year. Usually on long exams I feel so rushed during multiple choice and I usually finish at the last second because I second guess myself so much. But on the exam I felt like I was well enough prepared for the questions and I didn't really second guess that much.

All in all, I'm just glad the test is over and we can all just enjoy the time we have left this month!

ReplyQuote
bunkymoo
(@bunkymoo)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Veteran

@madams43 even though I felt like I managed my time well, I felt kinda rushed on the multiple choice because I second guessed myself a lot, and probably took a lot more time reading the passage than usual. Overall I think I did well, but I definitely could’ve done better on time management.

ReplyQuote
bunkymoo
(@bunkymoo)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Veteran

@jacksonvon I really liked the prints for the free response. I felt like I wrote them pretty well, and I didn’t struggle as much as I thought I would. I also felt like we had more than enough time to write all three essays which was really good because I didn’t stress a lot.

ReplyQuote
chizisqueen
(@aaparrot)
Bookworm AP Lit 2021
Topics

@jacksonvon I guess your attitude is a testament to Chisnell's teaching. It's nice to hear from those who took the exam that they believe they were adequately prepare. Now that the exam period is over, I'm excited for us to move toward this final project. I thought the Invisible Manilton was an interesting take so we'll if something similar emerges. 

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 6
Share:

Forum Reminders:

• Only Substantive Posts earn credit.
  • Five posts/week earn 100% for that week.
  • Deadlines are Fridays at 11:59 pm.
  • Any single week can earn up to 150%:
    • Six posts = 120%
    • Seven posts = 140%
    • Eight posts = 150%
    • Nine posts = 150%, etc.
  • One successful podcast replaces 5 posts.

Substantive Posts:

• Are usually several thoughtful sentences in length:
    • Demonstrate that reading was done or a concept is understood
      • Might quote text
    • Express a thoughtful idea about that concept/reading
    • May be questions, but if so, also speculations
  • Are constructive and productive to the discussion
  • Are supportive of other members and their ideas
  • May/should challenge/provoke/take risks in thinking