Highlights from Royal Oak Schools MYP Assessment PolicyIn our Middle Years Programme, meaningful assessment of learning answers the questions:
- --What do we want to learn?
- --How will we know if we've learned?
- --What will we do if we haven't learned?
Purposes of assessment:
- --Support and encourage learning and progress toward meeting district goals, IB/MYP criteria and certificate, and state of Michigan Common Core State Standards (CCSS) for graduation and college/career readiness.
- --Provide feedback to students, parents, and teachers on student progress in learning
- --Promote critical and higher-order thinking skills, deep and authentic understanding of content, inquiry into real-world contexts, and positive attitudes toward lifelong learning.
- --Reflect international-mindedness
- --Support development of the whole student
Methods of Assessment:ELA9 will use formative (practice), summative (mastery of standards), and common assessments (across all classrooms). Assessments may include, but are not limited to:
- --Projects, Presentations, and Performances (both live and/or incorporating digital media)
- --Essays, Compositions, Lab Reports
- --Portfolios,Process Journals, Writers Notebooks
- --Tests, Quizzes, Exams
- --Group or Panel Discussions, Online Forums, Socratic Seminars